What if my dog eats N!CK'S?

N!CK'S is currently rolling out an updated recipe in which xylitol (a naturally low net-carb sweetener sourced from birch bark) is not included. That being said, our ice creams should never be used as treats for pets, and they are not meant to be fed to your dog. 

Since our furry friends don't know this the same as we do, we always recommend protecting pet health with your food by keeping our products out of nose-reach, storing them in your freezer, stored after enjoying, and out of their sight and smell when thrown in the trash. 

Other sugar alcohols such as sorbitol and mannitol have little to no effect on blood glucose concentrations or insulin secretion in dogs, but some of our flavors during this roll-out contain a small amount of xylitol, an amount that is about one-hundredth the amount of a single stick of sugar-free gum

Based on the ASPCA's guidance, if your dog consumes xylitol: veterinary treatment should be instituted in all cases in which a dog may have ingested > 0.1 g/kg of xylitol, which has never happened at N!CK'S to date. 

 

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center: +1 (888) 426-4435

Latest update: July 15, 2021

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful